Friday, August 12, 2011

Frankenstein

As I've said before, I read my comics mainly in trade form. For the DC reboot, I might pick up a run of issues of a particular titles (stupid iPad has its hooks in me - I read the Red Robin series on it recently and had a good time), but only after reading a bunch of reviews and waiting until a narrative arc finishes.

The only exception will be Frankenstein, Agent of SHADE, which I will buy Day Of Release.

Why? Well, for one, it's about Frankenstein's Monster teaming up with a bunch of the Creature Commandos to fight evil. This smacks of Hellboy and even if it's only 80% as good as Hellboy, that still makes it 100% better than most of the comics out there.

Second, there's a scene in the recent Flashpoint Frankenstein tie-in where Frankie wakes up in WWII, tracks down Hitler, and chops his head off.

Sold. If you only buy one NuDC comic, please buy this one.

Frankenstein, Agent of SHADE (#43/52) will be the only DC Reboot title to make it into the Drewniverse unchanged based on those two points alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment